Forum

Nytt, mer lättbegripligt dokument på engelska.

Utveckling av valsystemet

Nytt, mer lättbegripligt dokument på engelska.

Inläggav Magnus Gustavsson » 2006-10-30 13.18

Vi borde kanske skriva ett tydligare dokumentså programmerare kan hugga in och göra lite verkstad?
Vill ngn skriva ett ganska kort stycke bara som förklarar hur den kontinuerliga modellen är tänkt att fungera matematiskt?

Jag har lite kontakt med en programmerare (se mail nedan, som vill veta hur vi tänkt oss egentligen, vilket pekar på problemet.
Vi har ju dessa dokument just nu som beskriver hur vi vill att systemet skall fungera:
Thanks for your attention!
I start to send you links to all we have in english:
First there isthe design document, more about functionality for the voting system though, please also note that this is not written in stone, here we need to have new discussions in order to implement thing in the right order and in a way working when programming:
http://aktivdemokrati.se/Dokument/Design.pdf

Secondly, since you are asking for formulas..:
http://joasi.atspace.com/Universalmodellen3.doc

In swedish unfortunately but the matemathical language is universal...
I cannot guarantee that this documentation is correct but it could lead to an understanding however.

Setting back to zero just menas that once the momentary support changes sign, the accumulated support changes sign (from/to + or -).
Maybe it's incorrectly translated, the original swedish wording is:
"Om det ackumulerade stödet (arean under kurvan) når över 1 blir förslaget bifallet, om det når under -1 blir förslaget förkastat. Dessutom så nollställs det ackumulerade stödet varje gång det momentana stödet växlar tecken."

What's called "mean value" is actually the momentary support, s. Not a mean value..sorry for that.

Hopefully this makes it a little clearer to you, if not, don't hesitate to ask again!
I also invite you to discuss on our english forum:
viewforum.php?f=14

Best regards,

Magnus G
Aktivdemokrati

Hi Magnus,

I have read the Activ Demokrati manifesto (in English) - and got a bit confused by your voting system explanation. The way I understand it you balance momentary votes with deeper consensus so as to avoid fraudulent and unrepresentative "flash votes". I imagine you have a mathematical formula for this which might be clearer than the explanation.

The first integral calculation is straightforward, however I haven't really been able to figure out what you meant with all the setting back to zero and mean value and what's what - hence the request for a mathematical formula which may be clearer (if you define the variables of the formula obviously).

I'd also be curious to have the regulations if you could communicate them, I would prefer an English version but don't worry if you only have them in Swedish as I happen to have a Swedish speaker around that will be able to explain this to me.

Also I have placed a voting method proposal based on your approach on the TOP xwiki.

Best regards,

Serge

Lite senare:
Hey Magnus,

I intended originally to have a programmer friend of mine, half swedish, do the translation but it turns out he isn't understanding the mathematical terms in swedish... All in all, back to square one. So I was wondering if it would be possible at all that you could obtain an english translation of this document? I mean the full translation probably isn't needed, but if the formula itself and its arguments and logic could be spellt out in english, this surely would be a great help. Incidentally this would also make possible to spread the word and get feedback on this method by posting it on wikipedia or others.

Serge
Tänk inte 4%, det är det de etablerade partierna vill få dig att göra.
Tänk på framtiden och vad Du vill att Sverige skall vara.

MVH/
Magnus
Användarvisningsbild
Magnus Gustavsson
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-01-18 00.54

Inläggav MrPerfect72 » 2006-10-30 13.59

Vem vill fixa detta saa det blir tydligare?
http://valsamverkanspartiet.wordpress.com/ - Valsamverkan som kommer gynna demokratin och AD
Användarvisningsbild
MrPerfect72

Registrerad: 2006-01-18 09.52

Inläggav Magnus Gustavsson » 2006-10-30 15.16

Det räcker med en snabb grej på 10 minuter..
Tänk inte 4%, det är det de etablerade partierna vill få dig att göra.
Tänk på framtiden och vad Du vill att Sverige skall vara.

MVH/
Magnus
Användarvisningsbild
Magnus Gustavsson
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-01-18 00.54

Inläggav ketti » 2006-11-03 13.50

Hehe, är det någon som förstår hur systemet är tänkt att fungera förutom magnus? Själv har jag fortfarande inte vågat mej på att läsa igenom det :D
ketti

Registrerad: 2006-09-21 17.35

Inläggav MrPerfect72 » 2006-11-05 20.02

Alla kan inte vara ingenjoerer eller matematiker. Man maaste inte foerstaa allt, men man kan acceptera att det fungerar om de flesta foerstaar hur det fungerar. :)

...i annat fall maaste man be om hjaelp av naagon man litar paa som kan foerklara tills man foerstaar.
http://valsamverkanspartiet.wordpress.com/ - Valsamverkan som kommer gynna demokratin och AD
Användarvisningsbild
MrPerfect72

Registrerad: 2006-01-18 09.52

Återgå till Valsystemet