Forum

Continuous elections

Welcome to ask or say anything about direct democracy
Kategoriregler
Use "NYTRÅD" for writing a comment. (Repeat the captcha in the field below it.)
Or "BESVARA" to make a replay.
Push "Skicka" for sending the comment.
You may register (and then change the language) from this form:
http://aktivdemokrati.se/wp-login.php?action=register

Continuous elections

Inläggav jonas » 2011-02-11 01.20

There should be room for different types of votings.

The yes/no vote is just one of many. I can think of maybe 10-20 different types, used for different situations. Here is just one example that I am going to implement soon:

Government and organisations usually has people on positions that is trusted to perform specific jobs. Those persons can be selected by ranked choice of persons willing to take the job. The result can be summarized using the Schulze method. You will have a discussion thread for each candidate with background information and argumenst for and against. And you will have a main thread for the election as a whole.

There is no need to have the election at specific intervals. The result can be summarized each time a person makes a change in her ranking of the candidates. If a new person takes the first place in the summary, and holds that place for a specific number of days, that person will automatically be given the job after a certain number of days.

The buffer period, ie the number of days a person must be the top candidate before she is elected, can be a the point of another continous election. This will be a median vote. Everyone can suggest any number days. The median value of all votes will be the number of days in the buffer period. (That may be a different value for different posts.) Then a person changes her vote and the median changes, it will take affect after the buffer period.
Aktiv Demokrati byter namn till Direktdemokraterna.
Vi håller på att migrera till http://www.direktdemokraterna.se

Deltag i våra möten för att hjälpa till att föra partiet framåt.
Användarvisningsbild
jonas
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-09-18 22.57

Återgå till International section