Forum

Brazil DD

med partier, organisationer, föreningar, med mera

Brazil DD

Inläggav jonas » 2013-05-28 00.01

peteri skrev:Inte en enda tanke? :)

Har inte hunnit ännu.

Har just aktiverat ett par medlemmar och fått ut kallelsen. Men har brev ända sen februari att ta tag i. Exempelvis ett från ett nytt DD-parti i Brasilien som vill fråga om ADs modell: "
We would like to know how you calculate that Σ accumulation, specially
about how it express the relationship between the total number of
voters on a given proposal and the total number of people able to vote
on every proposal (if they want to)."

Har försökt en handfull gånger att få någon att hjälpa att svara med detta. Men ser ut som jag får ta tag i det själv.
Aktiv Demokrati byter namn till Direktdemokraterna.
Vi håller på att migrera till http://www.direktdemokraterna.se

Deltag i våra möten för att hjälpa till att föra partiet framåt.
Användarvisningsbild
jonas
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-09-18 22.57

Re: Målformulering Val 2014

Inläggav joasi » 2013-05-28 06.58

Handlar det om modellen för konsensusstyrd betänketid?
Jag beskrev en version av den med ytterligare styrparametrar matematiskt när jag byggde valsystem 2005. Om jag hittar dokumentet så kan jag maila det till dig. Det kan innehålla de beräkningar de är ute efter.
joasi
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-09-17 20.34

Inläggav peteri » 2013-05-29 07.29

jonas skrev:
peteri skrev:Inte en enda tanke? :)

Har inte hunnit ännu.

Har just aktiverat ett par medlemmar och fått ut kallelsen. Men har brev ända sen februari att ta tag i. Exempelvis ett från ett nytt DD-parti i Brasilien som vill fråga om ADs modell: "
We would like to know how you calculate that Σ accumulation, specially
about how it express the relationship between the total number of
voters on a given proposal and the total number of people able to vote
on every proposal (if they want to)."

Har försökt en handfull gånger att få någon att hjälpa att svara med detta. Men ser ut som jag får ta tag i det själv.

Jag förstår inte frågan dom ställer.
peteri
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2012-06-30 15.45

Inläggav joasi » 2013-05-29 19.30

Jag svarade på deras mail och fick svar tillbaka:
Dear sir,
We are sorry for the late replay.
Glad to hear that the global liquid democracy movement is active in Brazil as well.

The text you are referring to is quite old and the model for variable voting time based on degree of consensus is debated among us. We don't actually use it for our decision making, instead we use a simpler model with a two week voting period.

But this is roughly how it works:
Every day (or every hour, or whatever frequency seems suitable), yes an no votes on the proposal is counted. First a number, C, is calculated as the yes vote count subtracted by the no vote count. C is then divided by the total number of voters, giving us, M, which is the momentary support, a number between -1 and +1.

Every day (or hour, or...), M is added to A, which is the accumulated support. Whenever M change sign, A is reset to zero. When M reach a preset number, say 100, the proposal has been accepted and when it reaches that same negative number it has been rejected. The number that the support needs to reach has been named the democracy constant. The smaller it is, the lower support a proposal needs to be accepted, and the shorter time it might take.

Personally, i see a lot of flaws in this model. The main ones being that it is too complex, to difficult to callibrate for different circumstanses (you would need more parameters, making it even more complex), and that there is no fixed end date for the voting period. Also it is less well suited for other types of votes than simply yes/no, for instance prioritising between several alternatives.

I cannot give you access to the voting pages, they are for members only and in swedish, sorry.

Good luck with setting up your direct democracy party and please stay in touch wirh us.

Best regards,

Joakim Sigvald,
Aktiv Demokrati

Dear Joakim,

Thank you so much for answering us. We are just to launch a debating and voting website, based on spanish VirtualPol, and our main issue is precisely the model for vote counting. We intend to try this one from yours.

If Aktiv Demokrati is actually using any other system for proposals aproval/rejection, please tell us about it, once that is what is lacking for us to fulfill our liquid democracy website.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,
Ruben

Kanske Jonas har möjlighet att beskriva hur Gov fungerar?
joasi
Medlem i partiet

Registrerad: 2006-09-17 20.34

Återgå till Samarbete med andra grupper